08 April 2008

tell me about a time when (as a child) you followed the prompting of the Holy Ghost. How did that make you feel?

This is my journal entry from August 13, 1983. I was 13 and our family was living on 46th in Spokane, WA. The home we were renting had a beautiful swimming pool (Lake Fake) just outside the sliding glass door of the kitchen.

I have never forgotten how I felt so impressed to be in the kitchen when I was. I also remember how each of my parents were also in tune with the spirit that day. All three of us thought of Scott and realized that something was wrong at the same time. I am grateful that we listened to the spirit, and I am grateful that Heavenly Father answers our prayers.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thank you SO MUCH for your comment on my blog! It has been so fun to look at your blogs and find out all of the things we have in common. I LOVE your quote by President Hinckley, and may use it on my own blog. Please let me know how the party goes! I AM flattered! :)
Your new blogging friend,
Melanie