08 April 2008

tell me something that you love about your mom

I love finding things on the "CLEARANCE" racks, and think of my Mom each time I do ~ she taught me how to love a good bargain. My mom loves to tell stories about her family. One of my favorite memories of my mom was when I was a teenager...we were having a "Sock Hop" for a Stake Dance, and she decided to get up and show me, Cyndie and Karen how to do the "Mashed Potato," the "Swim," and the "Jerk." I wish I'd had a video camera ~ it was quite a sight. :)

3 comments:

Angry Asian said...

hello --
i came across your blog from HomeMade By Jill. this is such a fantastic blog! i haven't read all the posts yet but it is so great and i just wanted to tell you that.

happy mother's day, one day early, altho i think it's mother's day everyday.

Courtney said...

Hi I just found your blog from a posting you made on Sugardoodle.net blog. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. It's so great and I am going to incorporate it immediately. Our family is going through some trying times right now (our house burned down while we were on vacation) and I'm trying to make things as "normal" as possible for my 3 & almost 2 year old kids. I think stories about mommy and daddy at bedtime may just be just the thing. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

The Dillon 6 said...

Courtney -- If you ever stop back by, I'd be happy to email you a list of questions that I use for this...you can get me at
thedillon6@comcast.net