18 August 2008

Tell me about a park where you played when you were growing up...

The park I remember the most is Murphy Park in Spokane. It was just a few (long) blocks from our house on E 32nd Street. I remember walking down there with Cyndie and Karen (maybe even Sheila, but I hope not) to play in the wading pool. It was about knee deep to an adult in the center and was gradually shallower at both ends and on the sides. Both ends also had a lion's head that "spit" the water into the pool. It had huge trees and I remember talking to a mailman while he was eating lunch in his mail truck in the shade.

During the summer the small parks in Spokane would sponsor activities for the kids in the neighborhoods. And on the last day the different "Camps" would all bus to a big park and play games, eat lunch, and do arts & crafts. Our group at Murphy Park was very small, but I had fun!

1 comment:

Grandpa Dennis said...

Was that the park down the hill behind Lincoln Heights Shopping Center? Seems to me they also had easter egg hunts there... h-m-m-m.