26 January 2008

were you ever in a school play? if so, tell me about it...

The 5th and 6th grades were combined at my school (Bonneville Elementary ~ Orem, UT), and there were 2 units of 3 classrooms. My unit was the Delioa South Unit (like a "Pod") and when I was in 6th grade we put on a play called, "The Hobbit." It was a musical. I was chosen to be the Head Elf. Although I was pretty sure they were going to cast me as the Hobbit, since my toes were (are) hairy.

I can't remember all of my lines (I think I had 3 or 4), but I remember part of a song called, "That's what Bilbo Baggins hates." and I remember at one point in the play we Elves had taken a tray to the Dwarves...I asked the Dwarf if they needed anything else and he was supposed to shove the tray back at me. But for some reason during the dress rehearsal for the school, he slammed the silver tray to the ground (along with all of the silver'ish dishes and utensils it was holding) and the noise it made was so LOUD! and unexpected. We all had to carefully regain our composure before continuing on with the play.

It was a lot of fun and I thought wearing a costume and make up was really cool. I also loved that my Mom came and helped put make-up on the actors and actresses the night of the play.

No comments: