In Kindergarten (1975/6), I loved my Garanimals. Each item of clothing had an animal character on the tag. You could tell if your clothes matched by choosing a shirt and pants/shorts with the same character. It was genius...sometimes I still think I could use Garanimals. The best part about my Garanimals clothing was that my Great Grandma Norah won them for me when she appeared on the TV Game Show "Hollywood Squares." I don't know what year it was, but I always wondered if she met Paul Lynde...I thought he was soooo funny!
I think that in 2nd grade (1977/8) my favorite shirt was my sweater set...the one I wore for my baptism. I thought that the pastel flecks were so pretty...and I loved the pink buttons.
Nothing strikes me as being my favorite from 4th grade. But the dress I'm wearing in my school picture was pretty cool. I had 2 of them, because they were hand-me-downs from two friends whose Moms liked to dress them alike. It was a long dress, as was the popular style in 1979/80.
30 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment