30 January 2008

what school did you attend when you were my age? who was your teacher? who was your best friend?

(afternoon) Kindergarten: Russell Park Elementary ~ Missoula, MT; I am pretty sure my teacher was Mrs. Adams...I just can't remember for sure. I had a friend named Jenny. She loved horses and had lots of toy horses in her bedroom, with some horse posters, too. Jenny was not in my class.

2nd Grade: Adams Elementary ~ Spokane, WA; my teacher was Mrs. Bailey. My best friend was Kimberly Wheatbrook. Kimberly is in the pretty green, polyester dress, 3rd from the right in the 2nd row. When my family moved back to Spokane when I was in 7th grade, I had classes with a lot of kids who had been in my 2nd grade class. Nobody remembered me (except Meredith Hughes), but I remembered them. I guess that's because I was the one who moved...


4th Grade: Bonneville Elementary ~ Orem, UT; my teacher was Mr. Aikau. My best friend that year was Kuiipo Sing; her nickname was Ipo. She and Hokulani (Hoku) Aikau lived across the street from each other and we were all in the same Ward. Yes, that means my teacher was in my Ward at Church. I stayed friends with Ipo while we lived there, but later became closer to other friends. Other friends I had in 4th grade were: Marja Workman (middle row in the red dress, near Mr. Aikau), Jennifer Morgan (next to Marja), Kimberly Thornton (back row, left side near Mr. Milne ~ the Principal), Wendy Baum (top row, in the middle, pink dress), and Lisa Grudzinski (next to Wendy).

1 comment:

Sandii said...

I was very fortunate, being a military "brat" because my father bought a house in Stockton, California, for us while he was stationed on Treasure Island, by San Francisco. We lived in the house for 7 years and he did the commuting back and forth to work on weekends. I had the opportunity to attend the same elementary school from Kindergarten through the first half of 5th grade - when they got a divorce and sold the house. The school was John Adams Elementary, and I only remember some of my teachers. But my Kindergarten teacher was also Mrs. Adams. My second grade teacher was Mrs. Bell and the third grade teacher was Mrs. Uleberg. After that it is a fuzz in my memory.

For the second half of 5th grade we moved to Fresno, California and I attended Fremont Elementary with Mr. Eads as my teacher. I had a 6th grade teacher there for the first half of 6th grade also but don't remember the name. Then we moved back to Stockton, and I "graduated" from elementary school with my class at John Adams Elementary.

7th and 8th grade was a time of constant moves and I attended 4 jr. highs in 2 years - the first was Daniel Webster Jr. High in Stockton (it was like a college campus and really pretty), then Richmond Jr High in Richmond, California, then we moved to Bremerton just before 8th grade and I went to Coontz Jr High. During the month of December of my 8th grade year, my mom remarried so we moved to East Bremerton and I went to Dewey Jr. High.

I graduated from East High School after being able to attend it for the entire 4 years.....

It was hard to have best friends when you moved a lot...... most of mine were in the church after I was baptized.