My mom taught me how to cook, how to clean, sew buttons, iron, and to value a good bargain. When I was in Kindergarten I would invite friends over so I could show them how I could iron (little things like cloth napkins, placemats, pillowcases, etc.). And I could make macaroni & cheese (from a box) in 2nd grade. I still love a good sale, and have a knack for finding great deals others might not see...and I love to share them!!
My dad reinforced cooking skills, gardening, and how to be a story-teller. Grandma May was a gardener ~ flowers and vegetables. I am still working on my veggie skills, but I seem to have a pretty good "green-thumb" when it comes to my flower garden (I wish I could grow grass!).
1 comment:
The trick to green grass is to "plug" the lawn and dethatch each year. When you plug the lawn, lay down a layer of pelletized lime and seed and a started fertilizer that is heavy in nitrogen. You'll see the difference quickly. Dethatching opens the ground to breath... the lime sweetens the soil and grass likes a sweet soil... Good luck next spring. Over the winter, put down a nice dose of winter fertilizer with delayed granules for spring. Here's grass in your eye!
Post a Comment