21 October 2008

Tell me about learning to ride your bike without training wheels.

I actually talked to both of my parents about this recently. Neither of them could ever really remember me riding with training wheels, and I can't either. I must have ridden with them for at least a little while, but Grandma says that I was a stubborn little girl who wanted to do same things as the big kids in the neighborhood. Grandpa thought I was probably 4 (the same age and Malcolm and Aubrey) when I first rode without training wheels.

1 comment:

Grandpa Dennis said...

The first day you wanteto ride a bike I had you sit on the bike while I held it. The idea was that I would jog alongside as you pedaled. You had other plans... and as soon as you felt safe and confident (maybe 50 or 60 feet into the adventure...) you said< "Let go, Dad!" So I did and you pedaled your way on your own. Sort of felt like I had lost some control over your life... but Cool!
Dad