17 January 2008

do you remember when any of your brothers or sisters were born? What do you remember?

I was too young to remember when Cyndie and Karen were born...(Rexburg, ID ~ March 9, 1972 and June 26, 1973). I've been told that I was happy to have sisters and that I was a good helper.


I vaguely remember when Sheila was born. My parents called from the hospital to tell me that I had another little sister. I told them, "I don't want a sister. I want a brother. Put her back!" (Provo, UT ~ April 24, 1975)

When Lisa was born hospitals didn't allow siblings to visit, so my dad took us and stood us on the lawn of the hospital where we could wave up at my mom and baby Lisa. I don't know if this is an actual memory, or something I've made up, but I then rememer my dad coming back down to us on the lawn and sneaking us into the room so we could see baby Lisa and my mom. (Missoula, MT ~ July 28, 1977)

I was in 3rd grade when Julie was born (the day after Thanksgiving ~ just barely). We had friends over for Thanksgiving dinner. Mom cleaned up the dishes and kitchen and sent us to spend the night with friends. They lived on a mink farm and it was S-T-I-N-K-Y!!! I was glad when they finally called to tell us she'd been born, so I could fall asleep. (November 24, 1978)

Scott was born just before I turned 12. I was so excited to FINALLY have a brother! I promised him I'd teach him to throw a football, play baseball, and dig in the dirt. We called him Colonel Mustard ~ if you've changed a nursing newborn's diaper, you'd understand. Scott was a happy baby with 7 moms (1 real mom and 6 older sisters). (Orem, UT ~ April 9, 1982)


When Vicky was born I was in 8th grade. I had finally gotten over the shock of the fact that my parents were still having kids. When my parents first told us they were going to have another baby I was pretty upset for a while. Then my friend Char helped me get over myself, though, because she was so excited. Her only sister was about 6 years older than she was and she was fascinated by my big family. Vicky was a very happy baby. I don't really remember her crying much. (Spokane, WA ~ June 16, 1984)

No comments: