I love that my dad has always loved me. Despite the fact that there have been times when we have differences of opinion, I always know that he loves me.
I love that my dad raised me in the Church. I always thought he was "smart" about the gospel because he was called to be the Gospel Doctrine teacher at one point...
I love that my friends always liked my dad.
I love that he cooked Sunday dinner for us. That is a tradition I wish we had in our family.
I love that he can recall strange details about my life that I can't recall. Tonight, for example, he described in detail an apartment we lived in when I was about a year old. It was an old church and we lived in the basement.
I love that he brought us souvenirs (even if it was airline silverware and a bag of peanuts) when he traveled for work. It meant that he was thinking about us even though he wasn't with us.
2 comments:
The picture of Melissa on my shoulders was taken in the front yard of Grandma May's house on the waterfront in Silverdale. That house was moved out along the road that enters Silverdale and replaced with a large apartment complex.
The church basement might come back to Missy if she looks at the picture of her standing in the window with my hat and sunglasses on.
Dad
Oh... and another thing. This picture must have been taken between 1972 and 1973... the tie was made for me to wear delivering flowers in Rexburg for Waynette's Flowers. We lived in a three room apartment above Waynette's in downtown Rexburg. Believe it or not.. I had a coat (sort of like a doctors lab coat... ) made of the same material.
Post a Comment