Kindergarten: I can't remember any specific books from Kindergarten. But I do know that I loved the Little Golden Books. I also loved my "Tithing" and "Prayer" books.
2nd grade: I loved reading Tiki Tiki Tembo. I think I checked it out every week from the school library. I still remember the corner where it sat on the shelf.
4th grade: Trixie Belden. I loved that series! I think I had over 30 books in my collection at one time. I loved that I lived in the Hudson River Valley (after I grew up). And I love that my adult friend grew to love the books, too. :)
19 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was an avid reader from kindergarten. I have a heart condition and when I was in elementary school I had to take "naps" every day after school so I could rest my heart. I wasn't always tired so I would read while laying on my bed. I read every book the Bookmobile had, I think. I would go each week to the spot where it parked and pick up 20 - 30 books and read them all before it came again the next week. My favorites were Nancy Drew mysteries. When I had read them all, I started reading the Box Car children books and the Hardy Boys. In the summer the Bookmobile had a reading program where you could earn pins for reading. If you read 10 books during the summer break from school, you earned a simple pin to wear. If you read 25 books, the pin was more expensive and if you read 50 books at your reading level, you earned a really nice pin. I read more than 60 books the first summer and earned the best pin. I still have all three pins.
Today when I start a book, I had better not have much to do because I just can't put it down. I still love to read. My favorites are the church novels and books about church subjects. I also like books by Richard Paul Evans, Jason Wright and Beverly Lewis.
My all-time favorite, however, is the Book of Mormon. I read it over and over. Last year the Young Women read it in two days - from cover to cover. It was great!!
Post a Comment