
I love reading. I think I have always enjoyed it. In 7th grade I even read a book every night. I was at the school library every day, pouring over the shelves hoping to find a good book to read that night. One of my favorite series was "Trixie Belden" ~ I daydreamed about being asked to play Trixie in a series of after-school specials. Trixie had short, sandy brown, curly hair and freckles across her nose. I think I started reading her books in 3rd or 4th grade...I would beg my mom to take me to KMart to buy new ones. I don't know what happened to my vast collection (I had over 30 of them at one point). Other favorite books I remember: Tiki Tiki Tembo, Judy Blume books, the Outsiders, mysteries, Tawny Scrawny Lion, Saggy Baggy Elephant, Poky Little Puppy, The Monster at the End of this Book, and others...
I don't read as much as I would like to now, because if I have a good book to read, all else will fall to the wayside...
I also still love to play softball and volleyball. I didn't get to play on community or club teams when I was growing up. But in 8th grade I started playing softball and volleyball at school and I loved them. I played all the way through High School (except for volleyball my sophomore year ~ I didn't want to do bench-blasts during the conditioning week). I even earned my varsity letter in both sports. I don't remember anyone being cut from the softball team, so I guess that's how I kept my spot. And in Volleyball, my coach pulled me aside and told me he probably should cut me because my skills were not really as good as they should have been ~ but he thought that I had a great attitude so he was keeping me on the team. I played (as he promised) just enough time to earn my Varsity Letter.
I also still love to play softball and volleyball. I didn't get to play on community or club teams when I was growing up. But in 8th grade I started playing softball and volleyball at school and I loved them. I played all the way through High School (except for volleyball my sophomore year ~ I didn't want to do bench-blasts during the conditioning week). I even earned my varsity letter in both sports. I don't remember anyone being cut from the softball team, so I guess that's how I kept my spot. And in Volleyball, my coach pulled me aside and told me he probably should cut me because my skills were not really as good as they should have been ~ but he thought that I had a great attitude so he was keeping me on the team. I played (as he promised) just enough time to earn my Varsity Letter.


1 comment:
I love this! what a terrific ideas for answering questions about yourself a little at a time. I know I've enjoyed compiling the information that I have gathered about my ancestors and contacting people who may be related to me so that we can share photos and stories!! You are amazing, Melissa! I don't know how you do it all!
Post a Comment